Tuesday, November 13, 2012

About the Camp Director

About Me


The summer of 2012 was my first summer as the camp director of Camp T. Brady Saunders.  I have to say it was an amazing summer.  Its easy to think about summer as those few months when it is hot outside, but for me I think back to September 26th, 2011 when I became the Program Executive for the Heart of Virginia Council.  I had moved from Utah where I was the General Manager of a Ski Rental Delivery Company, Skis on the Run, Inc. to begin my professional career with the Boy Scouts of America.

I had spent ten summers from 1999 - 2009 working at Philmont Scout Ranch, the premier High Adventure Base operated by the Boy Scouts of America.  During my time there I was a Dining Hall Employee, a Ranger, Commissary Manager of Baldy Town, a Ranger Trainer, Camp Director of Baldy Town, Geographic Information Systems Forester, Autumn Employee, Kanik Winter Guide, Associate Director of Conservation Geographic Information Systems, Camp Director Apache Springs and Camp Director of Whiteman Vega.  Philmont was truly a turning point in my adult life and I had known since I first started working there that I wanted to work for the Boy Scouts of America as a professional.

Along the way there were many adventures before I was able to settle down and begin my career. As a staff member of the Philmont staff, when I thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2008, I was a key member of the team that published the new Philmont Maps, I lived five years in the high mountains of Utah in Park City.  After a year in Virginia and a summer under my belt as the Camp Director of T. Brady Saunders I can truly say the adventure has just begun.  I look forward to seeing you at camp in 2013!  For me, the summer has already begun.

-Mic Mullins
Camp Director
T. Brady Saunders

No comments:

Post a Comment